As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. With a population of approximately 80,000, Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our State’s premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- Tax Assessor: 2014 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2014/15 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Cranston Revaluation
- Bulky Waste Pickup Free Event
- Safety Valve Company solicitation for Sewer Service Line Protection Plan
- Open Letter from Mayor Fung on Police Chief Search
- Trash and Recycling Carts - Changeouts and additional carts
- New Automated Trash and Recycling Collection System starting on Monday June, 30, 2014
- FY15 Adopted Budget
- Grant Program for Homeowners
- Marriage Equality Law Effective August 1, 2013
- 2014 Tax Bills (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer) are being mailed June 14 and are due July 15
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- New Policy for White Goods Program
- » View More Hot Topics...
- September 23rd at 6:03pm: Conservation Commission
- September 24th at 6:30pm: Tax Assessment Board of Review
- October 1st at 6:30pm: Tax Assessment Board of Review
- October 2nd at 8:30am: Revolving Loan Committee
- October 6th at 6:00pm: Claims Committee
- October 6th at 6:30pm: Public Works Comm.
- October 6th at 7:00pm: Safety Services and Licensing
- October 7th at 5:30pm: Board of Contracts and Purchasing
- » View More Meetings and Events...