As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. As one of Americas 50 Best Cities to Live as selected by 24/7 Wall Street, Cranston is home to approximately 80,000. Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our States premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- Tax Assessor: 2015 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2014/15 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Annual Menorah Lighting
- Annual City Hall Christmas Tree Lighting
- Cranston selected as One Of Americas 50 Best Cities To Live by 24/7 Wall St.
- Extra, Extra, Join The Cranston Corner To Get City News!
- Funds available for First Time Homebuyers
- 2015 Tax Bills (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer) are being mailed June 20 and are due July 15
- Cranston 2015 Revaluation
- FY16 Adopted Budget
- Upcoming Community Events
- Cranston 2015 Neighborhood Tree Planting Program
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- » View More Hot Topics...
- National Register Historic District Nomination in the Edgewood Neighborhood
- » View More News Items...
- December 1st at 7:00pm: City Planning Commission
- December 2nd at 5:30pm: Tax Assessment Board of Review
- December 3rd at 8:30am: Revolving Loan Committee
- December 7th at 6:00pm: Claims Committee
- December 7th at 6:30pm: Public Works Comm.
- December 7th at 7:00pm: Safety Services and Licensing
- December 8th at 8:00am: Industrial Development Commission
- December 8th at 7:00pm: Audit Committee
- » View More Meetings and Events...