As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. With a population of approximately 80,000, Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our State’s premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- Tax Assessor: 2012 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2012/13 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- FY14 Adopted Budget
- Road Repaving Schedule
- Cranston Public Library hosts Shred-It Day on April 20th
- Public Workshop on Private Well Water Protection
- Mayor’s Scholarship Applications Available
- Notice Regarding Yard Waste - Started April 1st
- Snow And Ice Removal Penalties Per Ordinance 12.16.010
- Tax Exemption Deadline Extended To March 15
- REMINDER: 4th Quarter 2012 Taxes (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer) are due April 15, 2013
- Annual Tree Lighting
- Mayor Fung announces POST-Sandy cleanup efforts in Cranston
- MODIFIED TRASH PICKUP SCHEDULE Wednesday October 31 thru Saturday November 3
- UPDATED: Cranston's Preparations for Hurricane “SANDY”
- Cranston Emergency Management Checklist
- Providence Water Line Flushing
- Health Advisory - Blackamore Pond
- 9-13-12: Mayor Fung’s presentation to the local pension retirees
- September 13- Retiree Pension Meeting
- Health Advisory
- Election Day Direct Link
- Cranston Industrial Pretreatment Program Request for Substantial Modification and Proposed Amendments to the Sewer Service System Ordinance and New lo
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- Traffic Advisory: Arkwright Bridge on Coventry/Cranston Border To Close
- Floodprone Property Acquisition Project
- New Policy for White Goods Program
- » View More Hot Topics...
- May 28th at 6:30pm: Conservation Commission
- May 28th at 7:00pm: City Council
- May 30th at 4:15pm: Investment Committee
- June 3rd at 6:00pm: Claims Committee
- June 3rd at 6:30pm: Public Works Comm.
- June 3rd at 7:30pm: Safety Services and Licensing
- June 4th at 5:30pm: Board of Contracts and Purchasing
- June 6th at 8:30am: Revolving Loan Committee
- » View More Meetings and Events...