As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. As one of America's 50 Best Cities to Live as selected by 24/7 Wall Street, Cranston is home to approximately 80,000. Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our State's premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- Tax Assessor: 2015 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2014/15 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Cranston 2016 Neighborhood Tree Planting Program
- Your polling location may have changed for the Presidential Preference Primary being held on Tuesday April 26th 2016
- FY17 Proposed Budget
- Scholarship Applications available
- Code Red Emergency Notification System
- Firefighters Proposed Contract
- TV and E-Waste Disposal no longer accepted at City Highway Garage
- Extra, Extra, Join The Cranston Corner To Get City News!
- Funds available for First Time Homebuyers
- 2015 Tax Bills (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer) are being mailed June 20 and are due July 15
- Cranston 2015 Revaluation
- Upcoming Community Events
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- » View More Hot Topics...
- National Register Historic District Nomination in the Edgewood Neighborhood
- » View More News Items...
- May 2nd at 6:00pm: Claims Committee
- May 2nd at 6:30pm: Public Works Comm.
- May 2nd at 7:00pm: Safety Services and Licensing
- May 3rd at 7:00pm: City Planning Commission
- May 4th at 6:30pm: Finance Budget Hearings
- May 5th at 8:30am: Revolving Loan Committee
- May 10th at 8:00am: Industrial Development Commission
- May 11th at 6:30pm: Zoning Board of Review
- » View More Meetings and Events...