The Greater Cranston Chamber of Commerce:
The Greater Cranston Chamber of Commerce is located at 48A Rolfe Square, in Cranston. It is a private, nonprofit organization, whose primary goal is to support the advancement of its members in the City of Cranston and the State of Rhode Island. The agency seeks to promote and attract business to locate and prosper in the City of Cranston by providing economic development initiatives, business development opportunities, specialized benefit packages, information, referrals, services, networks, promotional opportunities, and advocacy in all areas affecting the growth and development of the Cranston business community. In essence, the Greater Chamber of Commerce seeks to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the many citizens and businesses who, collectively, make up the City of Cranston.
The Chamber unites hundreds of business and professional firms, thus creating a unique central agency working to improve business and build a better community. Business leaders enjoy lunch at the annual "Salute to Business" Celebration.
Most important, the Chamber is people ... people like you who realize that they can accomplish collectively what no one of them can accomplish individually. The Chamber is a voice for the business and professional community. The strength of the Chamber lies within its members, a pool of resources from which ideas and energy can be drawn.
* Business referrals
* Economic development assistance
* Business consulting service
* New business start-up assistance
* Updated economic statistics
* Information of available city-state loan programs
* Free business consultation services through the Small Business Administration
* Free business consultation service through Bryant College Small Business Development Center
* Relocation packets for new residents
* How to do business in Cranston
* Who's Who Directory & Buyers Guide
* City/State recreation & events calendar service
* Street map of Cranston
* Full-time professionally staffed Chamber
* Global access
Programs and Events:
* July 4th Celebration
* Monthly Business Before Hours
* Monthly Business After Hours
* "Business Meets Government"
* "Buy Cranston" Festival
* Holiday Luncheon with the Cranston Rotary
* Member-to-Member Seminars
* Chamber Chats
* Annual Dinner & Awards
* Annual Golf Tournament with Leukemia Society
* Small Business Week Program Awards
* Meet the Candidates Forum
* Business/Education Program
* Solicitation Control Program
* Assistance in community projects, etc.
* Networking opportunities on a monthly basis
* New member orientation program
To find out how you may become a member of the Greater Cranston Chamber of Commerce, call (401) 785-3780.