As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. With a population of approximately 80,000, Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our State’s premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- Tax Assessor: 2013 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2012/13 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Pothole Damage Claim Form
- Cranston Revaluation
- Moving to Cranston
- Marriage Equality Law Effective August 1, 2013
- Join the Rhode Island Energy Challenge and Find Your Four
- 2013 Tax Bills (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer) are being mailed June 14 and are due July 15
- FY14 Adopted Budget
- Road Repaving Schedule
- Public Workshop on Private Well Water Protection
- Notice Regarding Yard Waste - Started April 1st
- 9-13-12: Mayor Fung’s presentation to the local pension retirees
- Cranston Industrial Pretreatment Program Request for Substantial Modification and Proposed Amendments to the Sewer Service System Ordinance and New lo
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- New Policy for White Goods Program
- » View More Hot Topics...
- March 12th at 6:30pm: Zoning Board of Review
- March 13th at 6:00pm: Ordinance Committee
- March 13th at 6:30pm: Finance Committee
- March 18th at 5:30pm: Board of Contracts and Purchasing
- March 19th at 6:30pm: Flood Committee
- March 24th at 7:00pm: City Council
- April 1st at 5:30pm: Board of Contracts and Purchasing
- April 1st at 7:00pm: City Planning Commission
- » View More Meetings and Events...