As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. With a population of approximately 80,000, Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our State’s premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- Tax Assessor: 2015 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2014/15 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Funds available for First Time Homebuyers
- Storm Announcement
- 2015 Tax Bills (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer) are being mailed June 20 and are due July 15
- Cranston 2015 Revaluation
- FY16 Adopted Budget
- Upcoming Community Events
- Schedule of Job Fairs
- Cranston 2015 Neighborhood Tree Planting Program
- Ebola Cirus Disease (EVD) Screening for EMS
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- » View More Hot Topics...
- National Register Historic District Nomination in the Edgewood Neighborhood
- » View More News Items...
- October 8th at 9:00am: Probate Court
- October 13th at 8:00am: Industrial Development Commission
- October 14th at 5:30pm: Tax Assessment Board of Review
- October 14th at 6:30pm: Audit Committee
- October 14th at 6:30pm: Zoning Board of Review
- October 15th at 6:00pm: Ordinance Committee
- October 15th at 6:30pm: Finance Committee
- October 19th at 6:30pm: Traffic Safety Commission
- » View More Meetings and Events...