As Mayor of Cranston, I am proud to welcome you to the official website of the City. As one of America's 50 Best Cities to Live as selected by 24/7 Wall Street, Cranston is home to approximately 80,000. Cranston is the third largest City in the State of Rhode Island and home to two of our State's premier shopping and dining centers --- Garden City and Chapel View. Being a vibrant suburban community, Cranston also boasts of rural areas on the western side of the City and a shoreline on beautiful Narragansett Bay to the east.
The primary goal of this site is to provide residents, businesses, and those considering a move to our City, with in-depth information that can be accessed in an efficient manner. As you browse our web-site, you will find that we are in the process of enhancing it to make it more user-friendly. You will also find updates occurring on a continuous basis.
So, I hope you enjoy your visit to our site. On behalf of my administration, we welcome your comments and questions. You may contact us at (401) 461-1000.
Allan Fung, Mayor
Areas of Importance:
- GIS Map Gallery
- Tax Assessor: 2016 Tax Roll, Assessor Maps, and Exemption info
- Finance Department: 2014/15 Budget, monthly financial reports, and more
- Get to know your City Council Members
- Local Elected Officials contact information
- City Directory with phone and fax numbers, and an online contact form
- Cranston FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Cranston 2016 Neighborhood Tree Planting Program
- September Bulky Waste Pickup Program
- Sidewalk Replacement Cost Share Program Starts July 1, 2016
- 2016 Tax Bills (Real Estate, Motor Vehicles, Sewer, Tangible) are being mailed June 24 and are due July 15
- New Mattress Disposal Options for Cranston Residents
- FY17 Adopted Budget
- Code Red Emergency Notification System
- Firefighters Proposed Contract
- TV and E-Waste Disposal no longer accepted at City Highway Garage
- Extra, Extra, Join The Cranston Corner To Get City News!
- Upcoming Community Events
- Tips for Rodent Control and Prevention
- » View More Hot Topics...
- National Register Historic District Nomination in the Edgewood Neighborhood
- » View More News Items...
- August 24th at 6:30pm: Arts Commission
- August 25th at 9:00am: Probate Court
- September 1st at 8:30am: Revolving Loan Committee
- September 6th at 7:00pm: City Planning Commission
- September 8th at 9:00am: Probate Court
- September 12th at 6:00pm: Claims Committee
- September 12th at 6:30pm: Public Works Comm.
- September 12th at 7:00pm: Safety Services and Licensing
- » View More Meetings and Events...